Salary: Negotiable Dependent on Experience
Our client are a global market leader in the manufacture of portable machine tools used across a wide range of industry sectors; including oil & gas, power generation, petrochemicals, nuclear, construction and shipbuilding.
The job holder will take full responsibility for the on time delivery of design, development and technical support of standard and non-standard products. Strive to continuously improve using LEAD techniques to remove cost, improve design and quality. The jobholder will drive Quality Assurance initiatives with regards to design process, departmental interaction and customer satisfaction.
- Through previous employment has been a hands on leader who has successfully built, managed and mentored a design team working on multiple projects on short lead times within an SME environment.
- Taken ownership, driven and implemented procedure and process improvement.
- Ideally skilled in full lifecycle development and complete product design from initial concept through to manufacture.
- Comfortable taking a project from quotes and customer liaison, through purchasing, supplier meetings, budgeting, assembly and commissioning.
- Able to demonstrate good leadership and communication skills whilst working alongside the Senior Management Team