Job Title: Senior Civil/Structural Estimator
Contract Duration: 7-8 months
Contract Location: US Navy base in Diego Garcia, an atoll in the Indian Ocean.
On-boarding for these openings is extensive and lengthy; average 4 weeks from offer to deployment.
Candidate Requirements: Estimator must have heavy estimating experience; EPC preferred (KBR, Fluor, Jacobs), well rounded with an emphasis in civil/structural. Should have Estimating software experience utilizing RSMeans, Timberline, Sage, Mc2, or similar.
Candidates are required to pass a military standard extensive medical/physical exam; candidate must cover their own expense for the medical and we will reimburse via payroll once the person starts work. This is a small island, with limited medical facilities; it’s hot and days are long.
Hiring Pre-requisites and Assignment Requirements:
Medical screening – Must be able to pass an extensive medical screening.
Pre-deployment on-line training and certification – All training must be completed before deployment.
Work Schedule – 6 days/week with maximum of 10 hours /day; average work week 60 – 70 hours.
Work Description: We are forming a rapid response team comprised of a Project Manager/Planner, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Scheduler, and Estimator to transition minor construction and equipment maintenance refurbishment projects (Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) in progress from the incumbent to our client. We will assess, plan, schedule, estimate the effort to takeover that work. We will be given a dozen of more on new RFPs for new work to engineer, plan, schedule, estimate and submit proposals to the Navy. The team will be dissolved late in the transition period as we hire the incumbent’s IDIQ team on a permanent basis.
Job Description/Qualifications - Lead Estimator:
- Under general direction, uses specialized knowledge or skills to support a team of project development specialists, usually within a single functional discipline, to develop preliminary or definitive estimates for projects by using processes, labor availability and productivity, and material prices based on historical data and the RS Means estimating system.
- Tabulates cost studies, cash flows, and prospect analysis.
- Establishes priorities and delegates assignments for the completion of task(s).
- Uses judgment to interpret internal and external issues and develop best practices.
- May direct resources, prioritize tasks and provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- Relies upon experience, interpersonal skills, and broad knowledge of estimating procedures to ensure task completion in compliance with policies, procedures, and business strategy.
- Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree and 10+ years of experience.
- Client provides all travel authorization paperwork – Must be able to obtain a US Passport
- Client pays for travel mobilization airfare from Point of Origin to Singapore, Singapore and demobilization airfare from Singapore, Singapore to point of origin
- Client pays for military airfare between Singapore and Diego Garcia
Living arrangements provided by KBR:
- Food (3 meals/day)
- On-island transportation