Job DescriptionPOSITION TITLE: Mechanical Reliability Engineering
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Full-Time
LOCATION: Beaumont, TX
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a growing Operator, has a permanent opportunity for a Mechanical Reliability Engineer to be based in Beaumont, TX.
The Mechanical Reliability Engineer will provide technical knowledge and support with respect to the planning, maintenance, troubleshooting, project and installation work on all plant mechanical systems. This includes the implementation of routine preventive and maintenance programs on plant systems and equipment. Will be responsible for performing technical evaluations of mechanical, quality assurance and quality control on equipment repairs and jobs performed by Contractors and Technicians.
· Executes maintenance engineering activities to ensure the reliability and availability of static and rotating equipment.
· Provides engineering solutions to routine plant maintenance problems.
· Troubleshoots equipment related/efficiency problems.
· Performs maintenance planning for both routine works and plant outages including the preparation of daily work schedules, manpower and material requirement and costs estimates.
· Reviews plant equipment operating parameters; initiate technical discussions and conducts research to ensure optimal operability.
· Provides engineering and technical support to the operating plants and Field Execution group on a routine basis.
· Uses the Work Order management system to manage maintenance activities and cost reporting for routine works, outages and turnarounds.
· Participates in plant trip assessment teams for determination of root cause and providing recommendations.
· Ensures the efficient use of available resources in the execution of maintenance works on the plant.
· Ensures that equipment history records are updated in terms of equipment downtime, cause codes, priority codes, man hours, materials utilized and costs incurred.
· Participates in the annual review of the planned maintenance programs and equipment audits to influence programs for the following year.
· Implements approved reliability and plant improvement projects within budget and schedule.
· Consults with subject matter experts to provide input for the development and implementation of programs regarding equipment long term planning such as end of life and repair or replace decisions for plant equipment and assets.
· Identifies plant threats by execution of Condition Monitoring programs and analysis of trends.
· Prepares reliability reports based on completed inspections.
· Troubleshoots and performs diagnostic inspections on plant equipment.
· Ensures assigned engineering projects are properly planned and ready for implementation during plant turnarounds and outages.
· Supervises turnaround jobs in accordance with the schedule and budget.
· Monitors and reports on the execution of turnarounds jobs to ensure that general HSE&Q and production targets are met.
· Responsible for QA/QC of off-site repairs and rebuilds.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a process plant environment
- Knowledge of Static and Rotating Equipment
- Knowledge of Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPS)
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements
- Knowledge of Project Management
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing Operator who are driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.