£35k + Car + Bonus + Benefits
Location: Colchester – Essex
An established Global building products and materials company is seeking an experienced Quarry Manager to join their exciting, fast paced empire. Our client is the UK’s leading Building Materials Supplier; they supply products to the largest, current projects operating in the UK at the moment. They are looking for a leader to join their large Quarry site, to supervise and expand their production capabilities. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading business who can offer development for the right person.
Your responsibilities will include specifically focusing on effectively managing the quarry team to ensure the delivery of exceptional safety, cost, quality, and service, financial and operational targets and operating on the highest level of health and safety whilst also planning continuous improvement in this area.
- You will need to ensure all statutory legislation and company regulations are adhered to with respect to all operational activities.
- Achieve optimum production levels in line with commercial activity at the lowest operation cost.
- Continually advance operational improvements to improve efficiency with the production function.
- You will ideally hold a SHE NVQ Level 4, DAPS or equivalent; quarry operations related qualifications plus NEBOSH and IOSH.
- You will be able to demonstrate a strong operational quarry management background ideally gained within a cement, aggregates, concrete, asphalt or bricks
- Excellent understanding of working within a process plant or a highly regulated Health, Safety and Environmental centric site will also be considered.
- You will be able to demonstrate inspirational leadership and the ability develop a team in achieving best in class standards.
- An effective verbal and written communicator at all levels of an organisation and externally with customers and suppliers.