An exciting opportunity has opened working as a Stability Analyst at the world renowned GSK pharmaceutical company located in Barnard Castle. My client is involved in an array of drug development ranging from R&D to QC and this position has become available due to the expansion of the department, with new drug prospects in the pipeline.
- Daily operation of moderately complex, wet chemical techniques such as HPLC, Dissolution Testing, Friability, IR spectrophotometry and UV-Vis.
- Routine maintenance and calibration of operational machinery and equipment.
- Reviewing valid data generated from testing undertaken, recorded in a timely manner and reported to the team manager.
- Consistently working under GMP/GLP conditions.
- Production of new draft methods, SOPs and worksheets for review.
- Have a solid background in Analytical Chemistry. Education at degree level is preferred, as is at least 1 year’s industry’s experience.
- Have a high level of practical and theoretical competence in the wet chemical assays mentioned above, in particular HPLC.
- The ability to communicate clearly and work as part of a team.
- Be a highly organised and methodical worker.
This position is based on a 6month contract and is immediately available. If successful, you can expect a competitive salary package, in addition to joining a multi-discipline company that allows room for organic, internal growth.