Location: North Houston
Long- term contact
Travel: Domestic and internationally
- Pipeline Engineering and Execution (including onshore and offshore pipeline construction) resource needed to work in the Pipelines Common Skill Center and provide support for Upstream Pipeline/Flowline Projects.
- Individual will work with project team and contractors to progress the EPC and line pipe procurement activities.
- Individual will help support critical interfaces with third parties, contractors, and across disciplines.
- Individual will need experience as a pipeline engineering specialist, with both onshore and marine work history.
- Candidates with a combination of Riser/Flowline and Pipeline background are welcome.
- Individual should also have execution work history relating to procurement and installation of pipeline systems onshore and/or offshore, including regulatory, land, welding/materials, etc.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate and coordinate discipline engineering technical work products
- Coordination and communication of various issues among the company's and contractor's engineering team that affect the discipline engineering design, safety, and regulatory compliance of the work
- Evaluate / comment work performed by the Contractor and sub-contractors to insure that the work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, standards, and regulatory requirements. Includes review of discipline design drawings and documents
- Identify and assess deviations to Contract Technical Specifications and regulatory requirements; ensure that such deviations will be processed according to Company procedures; maintains Deviation Control Log.
- Steward discipline engineering queries from the Contractor and sub-contractors as well as technical information requests
- Keep Lead Engineer or Engineering Manager informed of discipline engineering progress, deviations, and execution concerns
- Participate in discipline engineering reviews at Contractor's and subcontractor's locations
- Drives and promotes capital efficiency in engineering design
- Support internal engineering general interest or Global Practice initiatives as requested by Supervisor
- Closely related professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty or equivalent professional experience
- Broad and extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications.
- This is a level 2 position: 10 to 20 years of related experience is required