Location: US Virgin Islands
Duration: 2-6 months
Start Date: May 14. 2018
a. Under minimal supervision, take existing plant P&IDs to validate the actual plant facilities
b. Highlight any discrepancies on the P&IDs to account for actual field conditions
c. Review all highlighted notes on the P&IDs and edit to ensure that all comments are
legible/accurate and can be fully understood by third parties
- 10+ years of experience in walking down P&IDs in the field and/or 15+ years as piping designer
- Fully understands the process of preparing designs and drawings using project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards, and procedures
- Fully understand P&IDs nomenclature and symbols
- Resolve issues, coordinate / communicate with a multi-discipline design team
- Prepare P&IDs as directed by supervising engineer
- Must be able to work with an integrated team
- Provide markups to the control set of the P&ID throughout the project to support P&ID development
- Plan and coordinate work effectively
- Conduct safety job task analysis before the start of work each day
- Prepare checklists to ensure that the scope of work is completed in the field
- Provide consistent technical quality and accuracy of all assigned project deliverables.
- The ability to work in the field in a tropical climate
- The ability to access stairs, ladders and platforms to perform work
a. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse
b. Applicants must have a valid TWIC card
c. Housing plus per diem is provided with the position
d. The work schedule is Monday through Saturday, and 10 hours per day.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Two Year Associate degree in Design Drafting or Engineering Technology from an accredited college or university. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- 15 or more years of experience in design of chemical or refinery process piping with a concentration on large industrial plants, utilities or compression equipment
- Strong interpersonal and communications skill, both verbal and written.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside the company.