As a Financial Controller you will be responsible for undertaking a significant amount of the detail, analysis and analytics to facilitate reporting within deadline. Additionally this role is significant in terms of financial control ensuring balance sheets are reconciled and that only appropriate payments are authorized. Below is a range of duties and responsibilities, while not exhaustive, that you will be expected to perform as the Financial Controller:
- Establish budgets for manufacturing overhead.
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, taxes, and in house and field operations.
- Ensure that internal policies, accounting standards, and government regulations are satisfied.
- Prepare the support for all State and Federal Tax and Compliance Filings.
- Prepare and revise payroll for all employees – ADP payroll
- Manage the general ledger reconciliations, month end close and preparation of financial reports.
- Develop various financial scorecards and models for negotiating chemical contracts – Pivot Table, If Statements, Vlookups, Visual Basic
- Assist with ad hoc projects such as budgets and forecasts.
- Reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in preparing month-end accruals
- Assist with preparation of information for statutory, client and bank audits.
- Review of vendor invoices for authorization and coding as necessary
- Renegotiate vendor contracts and reduced interest expense for Capital Expenditures.
- Ensure accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
To be successful in the role you must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, a minimum of 5 - 8 years’ experience in auditing, financial analysis, general accounting, and attention to detail with a strong communication style.