Job DescriptionPipeline Spread Project Manager – Pacific Connector Gas Pipeline Project
Location Houston, TX –Project Office and/or Oregon Field Office
The Project Management Group within the Pacific Connector Gas Pipeline (PCGP) Project Team is responsible for managing the overall scope, risk, cost, schedule and turnover to operations of the proposed ~230 mi. NPS 36” PCGP project. The Project Management Group works closely with other PCGP teams such as Engineering, Construction, Land, Environmental & Regulatory, Project Controls, Contracts and Health, Safety & Security. The Project Management Group also works closely with the Engineering Contractor, and other Contractors, and will work closely with the eventual Construction Contractor(s). The Spread Project Manager will be responsible for one or more work-fronts on the PCGP project.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Execute the project plan; develop and execute scope specific execution plans as may be required.
- Manage project scope within project budget and schedule. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and develop contingency plans. Working with Project Controls, ensure that the project follows the project change control procedures.
- Regularly review and update the project risk register.
- Assure compliance with Company governance requirements.
- Ensure effective integration is in place through regular interaction with all teams and disciplines, resolving issues as necessary.
- Manage the delivery of the project on a day-to-day basis, using project tools and systems. This includes aligning disciplines, teams and contractors with the goals of the project, with an effective interface management plan, and assuring timely advancement and completion of deliverables per scope, cost and schedule promises.
- Support and assist the Project Controls, Engineering, Construction, Land, Environmental, Regulatory and Stakeholder teams as required.
- Develop and present pipeline related information to key external stakeholders, as requested.
- Ensure appropriate engineering and environmental input is provided for completion of pipeline and other utility crossing agreements.
Qualifications & Education
- Engineering or other Technical degree
- Professional Engineering or Project Management Professional designation preferred
- 10+ Experience on gas or oil pipeline projects
- Proven capability of contractor management
- Experience managing lump sum and unit rate contracts
- Ability to successfully negotiate services and change orders
- Experience working with FERC regulated projects
- Knowledge of 49 CFR 192 compliance
- Understanding of Department of Transportation, and, Pipeline Hazardous Materials and Safety Administration requirements
- Must have a good working knowledge of project controls including scheduling, budgeting, progress measurement and monitoring and forecasting
- Proficiency with project tracking tools (gantt and march charts, progress curves, histograms)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving
- Excellent computer skills particularly with MS Word, Excel and Power Point