This is a very rare opportunity to join a pioneering NZ Owned business during a VERY exciting time of growth.
Based in Taupo, you will operate alongside the Technical Services Manager and be focused on research, development and evaluation of speciality silica’s to be produced through the use of this company’s ground-breaking technology.
You will also undertake research into the extraction of other minerals from geothermal brines and other mineralised sources.
Since the research will be project driven and will revolve around the development of commercial processes to extract minerals, you must be practical and have some commercial sense.
Ideally we are seeking the following:
- Masters or PhD qualified
- Significant experience in inorganic chemistry
- The ability to work on a site based project environment
Initial duties will include but not be restricted too:
- Work with process engineers to optimise the extraction of minerals through membranes development
- Undertake evaluation of the suitability of products in various commercial applications
- Under take trials and liaise with external consultants in developing process’s to extract other minerals from geothermal brines
- Undertake commercial trials of products in various commercial applications
- Work with the process engineers to optimise and understand how colloidal and precipitated silica can be made from geothermal brines
This is a phenomenal career opportunity in a lifestyle location!