Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Commissioning Manager to oversee for several projects with one of Australia’s premier Renewable Energy Companies.
As one of the key drivers in delivering these projects, you will be responsible for coordinating the technical activities required to ensure that the Solar Farm facilities are operationally ready and can be safely and efficiently delivered by the project for handover. Reporting directly to the Project Manager the Commissioning Manager will lead the grid connection, R2 testing and commissioning phases.
Key Responsibilities will be to Work closely with the Project Delivery team around power systems modeling in front-end engineering and then grid connection processes during construction, Ensure that the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities are planned well in advance and are fully integrated with the project construction schedule, Participate in the key design reviews such as P & ID, Site Layout, and HAZOP etc. to ensure that the pre-commissioning and commissioning requirements are incorporated into the design of the facilities, Undertake regular site visits and working closely with the Project Manager during the energizing period, HV switching and practical completion of the project, Undertake testing and final commissioning of primary and secondary electrical equipment and protection systems including SCADA and communications for customer specification in line with the project requirements on the range of plant and equipment including completion of appropriate test documentation, Ensure robust HSSE and Quality culture and at site and that commissioning is undertaken in an appropriate professional manner, Prepare plans for transition of the project from Project Management Team to the QCLNG Operations organization at appropriate stage of the project, Liaise closely with the project team to ensure that all the interface issues related to the commissioning and startup are addressed in a timely manner, Prepare punch-lists and close out punch-list items, Engage with stakeholders including local stakeholders and host communities during commissioning in relation to safety, environmental exposure and community relations aspects, Witness and endorse tests; approve sign-off of test certificates and ensure that all contractors, subcontractors and vendors provide completion documentation that conforms to the required standards and is presented in a consistent format, Demonstrate a personal commitment to health, safety and environment supporting the culture in the Renewables business consistent with core values and community and stakeholder expectations andCompliance with all relevant legislation, policies, procedures and practices which guide our decisions and behaviours and drive a high performance culture aligned to our strategy.
Ideally will have Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Engineering management experience including the delivery of a range of power generation projects at the commissioning stage.
- Demonstrated experience in pre-commissioning and commissioning as applied in the solar industry
- Demonstrated experience in the Mechanical, Electrical and Instrument and Control disciplines for commissioning planning and execution
- Ability to undertake testing and final commissioning of primary and secondary electrical equipment and protection systems including SCADA and communications for customer specification in line with the project requirements on the range of plant and equipment within their competence including completion of appropriate test documentation
- Experience in providing subject matter expertise for technical functions for all phases (identification, capture, delivery and close).
- Proven positive customer relationship experience and ability to build strong customer relationships that result in repeat business opportunities
- Experience in a wide range of plant and equipment at various voltage levels including fault investigation, diagnostic activities and rectification of faults within their competence
- Working Knowledge of contracts and procurement
- Demonstrate visible leadership and commitment to excellent HSSE performance in support of the Project Manager’s accountabilities. Apply relevant HSSE standards and local requirements on all commissioning activities.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with proven ability to build relationships and engage with a broad range of people.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performing team. Actively participating in team meetings and committing to the attainment of team goals, encouraging and leading with a continuous improvement approach.
- Ability to think widely to solve complex technical problems using innovative solutions and involving stakeholders as required.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety with a beyond compliance attitude on and off the job
For a confidential discussion please contact Shannon McLean at NES on 0448 060 034 alternatively please feel free to forward your most current CV by clicking APPLY