Job DescriptionProject is a proposed new interstate natural gas transmission system consisting of ~230 mi. NPS 36” pipeline, singular compressor station and three metering stations. The project is located in SW are of the US and is currently in the definition stage of the project development.
Project Office in Houston, TX and reports to the Senior Manager.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead the development of construction and third-party services contracts
- Define, develop and staff a contracts management group to be deployed once the project transitions into the implementation phase
- Manage existing contracts with third-party service providers
- Act as a liaison between the project team, associated project teams, employed third-party service providers and company corporate offices
- Interact with the existing company supply chain management group to assure project compliance with company policies
- Serve as the primary point of contact during the bidding process. Coordinates and participates in job walks during the bidding process.
- Ensures the correct scope of work is being used during the bidding process by coordinating and collecting the requirements for the specific construction job from Project Managers and Construction Managers
- Respond to simple RFI during the bidding process and manage the answering of all RFI during the bidding process.
- Participate in the preparation, submittal of task order proposals and development of negotiation strategies
- Document financial and contractual risks and key contract terms and provides recommendations to the organization
- Serve as senior contracts resource to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and related policies.
- Work closely with the PM to understand upcoming construction needs and then provides recommendation to the procurement organization on timing for the selection of General Contractors. Prepares, issues, and executes RFP/RFQ packages in accordance with Be Supply Chain guidelines, commodity goals and timing requirements that are generated from the PMO office.
- Lead and manage development of qualified contractors list; prepare and conduct contractor pre-qualifications as necessary.
- Participate in the development of the approved supplier/manufacturers list.
- Work with and oversee the work of the procurement services contractor; provide advice in development of tender packages.
- Supports the procurement organization to ensure that compliant flow down terms and conditions are negotiated with subcontractors or vendors
- Assists in negotiating contracts, pricing, and cost downs with General Contractors
- Maintains roadmaps for vendor scorecard performance improvements
- 10+ Experience on gas or oil transmission pipeline projects
- 3+ year experience is leading contracting group preferred
- Experience in bidding cycle management including linear construction contracts
- Experience with negotiating with construction contractors and managing unit rate and lump sum construction contracts
- Experience with managing and leveraging a procurement services contractor to deliver supply chain needs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in senior management presentations a plus
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving
- Excellent computer skills particularly with MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working a multi-disciplined project team environment
- Experience working in a partnership arrangement would be beneficial