Job DescriptionOPERATIONS ENGINEER
The primary responsibilities of this position include evaluating midstream facility, pipeline and measurement performance as well as assisting the field operations team with troubleshooting/optimizing operations, maintenance and compliance.
This is a unique opportunity for the right person who wants to join a forward thinking midstream team, be part of building a great operation, and reap the satisfaction of operating a newly constructed gas gathering, crude gathering and gas processing system. Teamwork is critical and requires a willingness to help establish new operations and maintenance protocol. Additional competencies include strong initiative and independent execution ability; knowledge of and a drive to implement safe work practices; and experience with pipeline and gas processing operations.
- Support the safe, efficient and compliant operation of a cyrogenic gas processing plant and associated gas gathering/distribution pipelines.
- Support the safe, compliant and efficient operations of a crude oil gathering system and associated terminals, measurement and equipment.
- Apply all HSE requirements as set forth in the Operations and Safety Manual.
- Perform hydraulic calculations, process simulations and measurement sizing checks to compare actual to desired performance, then propose changes to achieve optimal performance.
- Assist in troubleshooting and correcting gas plant operations, compression and pipeline system operational issues.
- Assist in troubleshooting and correcting crude oil gathering, pumping and measurement issues.
- Assist in developing, then tracking and maintaining a maintenance program.
- Assist in developing, then tracking and maintaining compliance programs (HSE, TCEQ, DOT, PSM, LDAR, etc.)
- Maintain up to date drawings and facility design / construction records.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Chemical or Petroleum Engineering.
- 5-10 years of combined experience in pipeline and gas processing operations.
- Experience in both crude and natural gas operations a plus.
- Must be able to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Must be able to travel to West Texas, 35% of time to be spent in field.
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.