Job DescriptionPerform routine design assignments, which require knowledge and skill in basic drafting techniques, procedures, and knowledge of certain industry standards under close supervision. Assignments are designed to further develop the incumbent’s job knowledge and abilities.
- Develops under close supervision, AutoCAD drawings from design sketches or catalog information.
- Marks up works in progress for others to draft (or AutoCAD).
- Prepares simple engineering and constructions drawing from scratch, sketches or verbal instruction, utilizing manual or computer assisted drafting/design techniques.
- Performs related fundamental engineering support tasks such as updating computer lists, filing prints, distributing drawings, making simple calculations, proofreading reports, compiling Bills of Material, etc. May utilize information from vendor prints, catalogs, technical manuals, etc.
- Field notes are neatly arranged, accurate and complete. Sketches are readable by anyone and include all pertinent dimensions, notes and job number. All material is signed and dated with job number.
- Keeps supervisor informed of progress. Quality assurance for personal work assignments. Supports field assignments as required.
The successful candidate will need time management skills to efficiently and satisfactorily perform essential skills.
Awareness of safety needs and considerations should be evident through both daily activities and in work products.
The candidate shall be able to communicate effectively with customers and stakeholders via email and face to face discussions.
The candidate must have the ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to identify equipment and piping components in the field. Field experience is a must
• Experience in field measuring piping components to accurately make running dimensions to model piping accurately in AutoCAD.
• Have a working knowledge of piping system arrangement, drawings and utilize that information to create an intelligent piping design.
• Familiarization with pipe stress analysis/pipe supports, basic knowledge of civil, structural, foundation layout is also desired
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD software and related equipment.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Field experience is a must
- High school education or equivalent.
- Basic drafting technology from a vocational technology or other applicable program.
- Minimum of 5-9 years of technical work experience.