Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Start Date : ASAP
Duration : For 6 months
Product follow-up and Electrical Engineer
Following the Global Project Centre development and increased in industry interest in oil and gaz offshore fields electrification but also in offshore renewable energy, we are looking for a specialist engineer in electrical power systems sizing and component qualification
This engineer will provide technical support, lead peer review and interdisciplinary check within the subject area of high (and low) voltage electrical power systems and new wire/cable/instrumentation developments and qualifications.
Provide local support and support Technology Development related to subsea electrification within the workframe of our alliances and Strategic development program:
- Support for all EHTF client FEED study work where electrical input required as well as project
- Help keep qualification test plans up to date and understand the link between FMECA’s and test programs.
- Provide full electrical interface with QA/Interface with third parties and potential suppliers for electrical
- Participate to Electrical system global sizing and develop associated tools and calculation
- Ability to understand electrical standards (IEC & BS & IEEE & NEMA) and drill down into the fine detail and analyse how these can be applied to the company
- Knowledge of HV & LV electrical type testing and qualification work on electrical systems
The candidate will have 10 years experience in electrical power system sizing and qualification program development and follow-up. Past experience in the Oil and Gas sector is preferred.
The candidate will be able to formulate strong justifications on qualification levels and compliancy to industry standard and client requirements.
The candidate will be able to add technical value to electrical procedures and reports created by vendors as part of a qualification program and production plan.
The candidate will be able to present clear qualification process and lead technical design reviews in front of clients.
The candidate will be able to use Mathcad and have Excel calculation facility to create or check project calculations.