Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, is currently seeking a Maintenance Scheduler as a camp based position. The qualified candidate must be able to fly in/fly out from Calgary, Edmonton or bus from the Lac La Biche area.
- Facilitate meetings to review/prioritize work schedules
- Interface with Maintenance Foremen, Operations, and Management to generate Daily/Weekly Schedules utilizing Capacity Planning within SAP
- Accountable for detailed scheduling & coordination of resources to achieve targets in a safe, cost effective & timely manner.
- Execute and analyze reports for key performance indicators (KPI’s), monthly meetings and budget overview.
- Optimize PM plans, schedule, and relevant documentation to ensure that successes are repeatable and that initiatives are followed through, to continuously improve our business.
- Ensure that SAP data standards have integrity and strive for Best in Class status
- Assist in the development and maintenance of short and long term maintenance strategies
- Adhere to Devon’s safety standards and ensure a safe work environment
- Develop and maintain schedules on a 52 week look ahead, 14 week look ahead, as well as the daily/weekly work execution schedule
- Flexible to provide back up to optimize manpower when other team members are not available
- Help with training of other staff members, as required, on the Devon scheduling processes
- Participate in Safety Audits when requested and assist in resolving HSE issues
- Assist in the preparation of operating & capital budgets when requested
This position offers the right candidate variety in their daily work life, learning opportunities and the chance to offer creative solutions. We are seeking an individual with a strong work ethic, who is self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision. Our ideal candidate will possess excellent planning and organization skills and who has the ability to be influential and assertive when necessary. We require someone who is known as an open and honest team player, and who has a positive, engaging attitude.
- At least 10 years of previous maintenance experience in a combination of planning, scheduling & leadership roles within an industrial and/or oilfield setting (thermal heavy oil experience is considered an asset)
- Experience with a CMMS system (preferably SAP). Experience with Prometheus required.
- Organizational skills and ability to multitask is key
- Excellent communication skills is a necessity to be successful in this position
- Time management is an asset
- Strong general knowledge of all aspects of facility maintenance & work trades
- Should have working knowledge of engineering codes and specifications
- Ability to read and interpret engineer drawings
- Experience with MS Office products (Word, Excel & Outlook at a minimum)
- Work experience in the Trades or Operations would be considered an asset
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver’s license