|Contact Name:||Magdalena Mirkowska|
|Job Published:||May 10, 2018 14:36|
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Handles day-to-day routine legal tasks as per the Legal Support Centre Service Catalogue and provides legal support to the Geomarket Legal Counsel, Legal Support Centre Manager or Legal & Compliance Team Lead. The Service Catalogue covers contracts, compliance, legal knowledge management, litigation, IP, M&A and corporate legal tasks;
• Supports the Legal Support Centre Manager, Legal & Compliance Team Lead and GeoMarket Legal Counsel in their interaction with the Product Lines and Geomarket support functions and departments to ensure the Legal Department's involvement in all matters that may have a legal impact on Schlumberger;
• Assists the Legal Support Centre Manager to implement workflows, processes, procedures, practices, guidelines, playbooks and templates;
• Participates in the Legal Department training and development initiatives and completes all assigned training;
• Participates in assigned Legal Department Management strategic initiatives;
• Must become familiar with and use all Legal Department systems and tools and contribute to the Legal Knowledge Management System, LawHub and assists with the maintenance and content update of the GeoMarkets’ Legal webpages.
Experience and Key Competencies:
• Degree in Law. Qualified Lawyer
• Exceptional academic scores
• Proficiency in English and Portuguese is a must. French will be an added advantage
• The Attorney, Legal Support Centre is an entry level position for lawyers entering the Legal Department.
• Freshers welcome, though < 2 years legal experience in a law firm, legal process outsourcer or corporate environment will be an advantage;
• An ability to work within a team in an open-plan and dynamic environment;
• Must display an aptitude for following processes and attention to detail;
• Technologically literate and comfortable with basic Powerpoint, MS Word and Excel.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's