Planner Buyer - Pharmaceutical - North West - Permanent
A new role has come available for a planner buyer to join a Global Pharmaceutical company in the North West who are looking for a Planner Buyer within the Supply Chain team.
The Planner Buyer position is a critical role in the Supply Chain team responsible for:
- Material control on site and being the first point of contact on the site for all incoming material and supplier related activities.
- Working closely with all functions across the value stream such as packaging development, quality, logistics, production and customer service.
- Be accountable for the planning, ordering and control of incoming materials in line with best practice material management and procurement principles to ensure optimised service, order cost, material flows and inventories.
- Feedback and collaborate with procurement personnel and suppliers to improve supplier relationships and supplier performance.
- Monitor and maintain accuracy of all supply critical data fields in ERP system.
To join us as a Planner Buyer, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience within planning or procurement with knowledge of planning, procurement and control along the supply chain and associated systems
- Previous experience of managing an ERP / MRP system (SAP ECC APO preferred)
- Previous experience of working in the pharmaceutical or FMCG industry
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills
- Good communication skills, self-starter and team player with ability to set and deliver high performance standards for self and team members
- Highly numerate and strong ability to assimilate information from different sources to generate achievable plans
- Undergraduate BA/BS degree in a related discipline
In return we will offer you a clean, safe and professional environment where you will be rewarded for your dedication and given the opportunity to really contribute.