Job DescriptionJob Title: VP Construction & Engineering
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Engineering & Construction
Reports to: President
Location: Omaha, NE
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a greenfield Chemicals Operator, has a permanent opportunity for a VP Engineering & Construction to be based in Omaha, NE.
VP Construction & Engineering will lead and direct project planning, capital budgeting and assist with business plan development for company. Ensure a high degree of cross functional communication and participation in line with product deployment and support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide overall supervision of Project Managers and maintain a detailed knowledge of the performance of all projects undertaken by company.
- Manages large complex and/or high-priority projects that require considerable organizational resources and high levels of functional integration.
- Applies extensive and comprehensive knowledge of the organization's work processes, business practices and the roles and functions of assigned project team members to plan, organize, direct and control all activities on assigned project(s).
- Works closely and effectively with customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Ensures adherence to quality and/or safety standards. Is responsible for meeting or exceeding as-sold financial objectives, timely delivery and achieving a high degree of stakeholder satisfaction. Performs work and makes most project related decisions independently.
- Recommends assignments of Project Managers from bids to projects. Displays sound judgment concerning the need to consult with management and other experts concerning unusual problems.
- Day-to-day supervision is administrative. While accepting responsibility for all phases of the projects, recognizes that the various department managers have ultimate responsibility, through the assigned managing and lead project team members, for the technical adequacy of the work and may, therefore, monitor the work related to their discipline at any time, and make recommendations for recruitments, training, etc.
- Evaluate and consult with corporate levels of leadership regarding technical operations, strategic planning, construction, system techs and network operations.
- Ensure compliance with quality control programs for inside plant operations and consistent operational procedures.
- Lead and direct capital budget process for company, execute approved budget plan.
- Ensure adherence to company, state and federal regulations and policies
- Lead and participate in succession planning
- Perform other duties as requested
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as engineering or business/ finance.
- Master's degree or MBA preferred.
- 20+ years within Oil & Gas industry with exhibited display of holding progressive roles throughout tenure.
- 15+ years’ experience with CAPEX and OPEX projects in Chemicals, Petrochemical or Refining.
- Full cycle, cradle-to-grave EPC projects experience a plus.
- Must have excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing Operating Company with plans of expansion. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as short-term and long-term incentives, comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, paid holidays, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.