Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Own and drive all aspects of tax compliance in Africa Region, evolving the tax function to the next level to meet business ambition;
- Support Tendering activities in all taxation matters, including but not limited to Corporation Tax, Employments Taxes and Sales Taxes, to achieve optimal tax planning in line with Tax Policy;
- Be a business partner for local leadership teams, supporting strategic ambitions and initiatives, providing advice on the most cost effective and compliant way forward;
- Own tax planning and forecasting ETR - identifying risks and opportunities including reporting on any potential or actual tax exposure or risk;
- Establish and improve availability of data for decision-making purposes;
- Be the focal point with tax authorities, lead the company responses to queries and audits, ensuring that the most cost effective and compliant solutions are identified, provide advice to the business on the best course of action;
- Interface with local tax advisors and lawyers determining with where and where their work effort needs to be focused, ensuring efficient utilisation;
- Continually monitor operations in all African countries, proactively prepare necessary documentation where it is expected that we have triggered or may trigger tax liabilities, monitor and actively manage uncertain tax positions, and permanent establishments;
- Own tax reporting for internal and external purposes, including any requirements from Group and local jurisdictions for statutory purposes.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Relevant experience in general accounting principles including IFRS and tax accounting principles;
- Sound financial and accounting expertise and experience from large, complex or multinational company;
- Experience in operating on the Africa continent;
- Must possess good skills in accounting, finance, financial reporting and tax;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to translate taxation observations clearly across the business.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.