Job DescriptionSALARY: £29,409 to £32, 677 plus £7,013 allowance and bonus of 7.5% of base salary based on factory performance with potential up to 15% of the salary plus BUPA healthcare and pension
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
The Technical Operator is required to Operate, Maintain, Improve and Repair (OMIR) equipment within the Sourcing Unit. She/he will support the delivery of operational KPIs (Productivity, Quality, Safety, Health and Environment, Cost, Delivery, Morale and Innovation (PQSCDMI)). Working within an autonomous team the Technical Operator will drive excellent standards of production delivery and continuous improvement; whilst always protecting a safe and sustainable environment. She/he will be required to champion specific skills and coach others. She/he will have a basic understanding of key cost drivers in the Sourcing Unit and will grow this in line with her/his wider project management skills.
- Knowledge and application of technical skills to operate, maintain, improve and repair equipment. This allows production targets to be met safely, at the right level of quality and on time.
- Understand the principles of mechanism and motion and be able to conduct changeovers, basic repairs and adjustments (e.g. Cams, slides, bearings, belts and pulleys). Utilise appropriate lubrication regimes.
- Understanding of principles and application of pneumatics in the Sourcing Unit; able to conduct fault finding and basic repair.
- Basic electrical tasks within the Sourcing Unit (e.g. Lock Out/Tag Out, Isolation Procedures, Fault Location on a Common Control System and Testing and Verification of Common Proximity Sensors).
- The successful applicant will also be responsible for the following areas:
- Safety, Environment. Quality, Leadership, Continuous Improvement, Problem Solving, Production Output and Administration.
- Maintenance Engineering Discipline at National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) 3.
- Qualifications: 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English.
- Core Engineering Skills – Background in Maintenance, Bench fitting and/or Machinery.
- Experience of working as part of an extended team within the manufacturing sector.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Experience of operating a production line.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- FLT Licence.