Job DescriptionReliability Specialist
Location: Corpus Christi
Duration: 12 months
- Serves as the predictive maintenance subject matter expert with the primary focus on the development and implementation of programs to improve reliability. Provides daily predictive maintenance support to the plant to keep the plant systems operational. Supports managing the motor testing, vibration analysis, precision maintenance and the lube oil analysis programs.
- Works closely with Reliability Engineers, Technical Services, Maintenance Supervisors and Technicians in diagnosis of maintenance related problems.
- Collects vibration data on selected equipment, reviews anomalies to determine the problems, and makes recommendations. Develops and maintains records and routes in the vibration analysis software. Effectively manages the vibration analysis software.
- Works with the Reliability Engineers on lubricant selection, consolidation, and lubrication surveys.
- Assists Production Department in preparing operator routes for physical checks and overall vibrations. Monitors the results of operator vibration routes.
- Supports CCL Warranty Manager with warranty process and document management; follows up with vendors, and contractors.
- Performs thermographic scans of electrical, mechanical, and fixed equipment as needed.
- Performs equipment analysis and works with the Reliability Engineers in troubleshooting plant equipment and production problems.
- Supports Root Cause Failure Analysis, prepares failure analysis reports and recommends corrective actions.
- Supports Reliability Engineers with the collection and analysis of data utilizing Reliability analytical tools to improve Reliability.
- Conducts diagnostic studies and provides detailed analysis of equipment condition.
- Develops and prepares reports to notify operations and maintenance of equipment health and recommends remaining time to mandatory shutdown or failure of equipment.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and assistance in planning and coordinating work for the Maintenance Department. Works with maintenance and operations on predictive maintenance issues when they occur; have vision and ability to create quality solutions for any problems.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety, security, health and environmental incidents are prevented through frequent job observations and assessments. Responsible for developing or collecting information in support of permit requirements as assigned
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent discipline, or 5 years of predictive maintenance experience. ISO Category-II vibration certification preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with Predictive Maintenance and rotating equipment in an industrial setting in operations is required. Recent experience with LNG is preferred, however, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.
- Knowledge of CMMS Systems and RCA tools for conducting failure analysis.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.