Site Based Mechanical Designer working with a small project group, must be able to work independently and use own initiative although assistance will always be available when required. Work involves upgrade and modification to existing process plants. Experience with brown field site work is essential.
Essential Experience & Attributes
Ideally looking for a competent Mechanical Designer, who will work as part of a team on a variety of existing process plants. Minimum 10 years experience is desired but can be flexible if a younger candidate has the appropriate technical competence and attitude.
- Site Survey
- Schematic Line Diagrams
- Plant Layout
- Mechanical Data Sheets
- Piping Isometrics
- Pipe Support Design
- Material Schedules
- Piping Materials, Types & Ratings appreciation.
- Valve & Fittings selection
- Stress Analysis appreciation
- Knowledge of ASME B31.3 Process Piping
- Knowledge of Pressure Equipment Regulations an advantage
- Knowledge of Atex Regulations an advantage
- Installation Scopes of work
- Designer Risk Assessments
- Installation supervision experience
- Flexible & hardworking
Qualifications HNC / HND or equivalent.
AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Literate