Senior/Project Engineer - Product Testing & Engineering- 6 months - Reading – Competitive Rates
A global manufacturer of engine additives require a Senior Engineer to assit lead, coach tasks for projrcts across the Product Testing & Engineering teams.
This role means you will be accountable for leading and conducting projects. The role reports to the Engineering Manager to develop and deliver projects against agreed key customer milestones.
Specifically this role supports Safety and Testing Operations in the development and operation (product development and technology) in support of:
- Product development and research
- Product performance demonstration and fundamental studies
- Providing engineering information that facilitates the differentiation of our product
Resposibilities & Expectations
- Working with customers to design engine, rig and vehicle tests that allow their objectives to be delivered as efficiently as possible.
- Project planning to determine facility requirements, hardware requirements, special equipment requirements, project phases and timing.
- Managing test bed installations and ensuring they are carried out to safety and quality standards
- Developing and conducting engine and rig tests for product differentiation and fundamental studies
- Liaison with the Operation Team – Product Performance and others to ensure the agreed project work is clearly communicated to facilitate milestone delivery
- Acquisition and analysis of data.
- Coaching and mentoring of engineers and technicians.
- Report writing and presentation of results.
- Reviewing technical aspects of work conducted by engineers.
- Reviewing reports written by engineers prior to approval by Engineering Manager
Experience & Expertise (Essential & Desirable)
- Degree in engineering/science or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in an engine R&D environment
- Knowledge of the installation and operation of test engines
- Experience of engine test control systems
- Experience of data acquisition and analysis of data
- Knowledge of gasoline and diesel combustion processes
- Knowledge of diesel and gasoline fuel delivery systems and operating strategies
- Knowledge of current and future technologies for emissions reduction for diesel and gasoline engines
- Experience of developing tests for differentiation
- Experience of discussing test data with customers and external parties
- Experience of presenting technical results and findings