NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a well-known operator company, currently has an opportunity for a Terminal Operator in Ottawa, ON. The qualified candidate MUST be local or have accommodations as no LOA will be given.
- Safety-focused and reliable terminal operator and product sampler
- Performs fuels sampling and records fuels product quality tests for afterhours/weekend pipeline shipments
- Interfaces with pipeline control center and monitors pipeline schedule
- Provides terminal on-call coverage as part of a rotation & troubleshoots and repairs terminal equipment
- Is flexible and resides < 30 min drive from work location to be able to respond effectively to pipeline schedule changes or operational issues at the terminal.
- Provides emergency response to site as required
- Terminal support duties as assigned (7am-4pm select weekdays) which could include maintenance and repair of site facilities, tests and inspections, general site housekeeping and maintenance, and ensuring that other site users (drivers, contractors) comply with site requirements and rules
- PMH (Petroleum Mechanic Helper) certification through TSSA or interest / ability to complete
- Academic: High School Diploma
- Preference for technical or trade certification
- PC skills
- Good interpersonal/teamwork skills
- Minimum 1 year terminalling/oil industry experience or 6 months satisfactory trade experience or Equivalent / demonstrated working level proficiency and application in site operations