Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, an Oil and Gas Operator, is currently seeking a Planner/Scheduler - Electrical/Instrumentation for a year long contract. The qualified candidate MUST be local or have accommodations in Sarnia,ON as no LOA will be given and the schedule is Monday-Friday.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates SAFETY is the top priority
- Participates in planning with Core/Work Teams
- Plans and schedules any Routine Maintenance work required
- Works with Planner in developing schedule, cost estimates and equipment planning for Routine work to be accomplished during the Turnaround window
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong technical knowledge of instrument and electrical devices.
- Years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering within an applicable discipline, appropriate certification(s) within discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely convey recommendations to management
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Proficient in selected scheduling and planning software
- Able to apply planning logic, such as, lead, lag, critical path and milestones.
- Demonstrates good leadership skills in Work Team meetings to remove barriers and steward action items and cost profile to work plan and cost estimates.
- Able to adequately assess work contingencies with schedule impact, lead coordination activity between teams should contingencies arise.
- Able to plan complex job and develop resource plan with Scheduler, Execution lead, and Operations across all disciplines.
- Able to identify and monitor critical and sub-critical paths for major events.
- Able to apply advanced functions of Planning & Estimating Tools, as applicable to the position.
- Able to educate Field execution personnel on look-ahead schedules, and help ensure timely work progression.
- Able to provide input to maintenance work Contracting/Procurement strategy and steward to that plan.
- Able to resolve scheduling issues, including: Negative Float, Out-of-sequence updates, resource overloads, scope change, progress validation, etc.
- Able to develop a complete job plan with materials, resources and timeline.
- Able to provide input into material of construction selection and management.
- Able to plan, estimate, track and schedule Field Order Changes
Only qualified individuals will be contacted.