Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking a Field Telecoms Lead for a contract role based in Calgary with travel to Kitimat BC. Individuals must be local to Calgary as no LOA will be given in addition to work flex hours to cover various locations.
The purpose of the Field Telecoms Lead is to support the end-to-end delivery of the telecommunications systems supporting the client in the execution phase (aka Temporary Telecoms) and the telecommunication facilities intended for use during the operations phase (aka Permanent Telecoms).
- Support in managing the plant telecoms scope;
- Perform technical assurance (TA2) for telecoms for the client;
- Oversee the delivery and performance of telecom requirements for the client, Project, and Operations – with focus to enable greatest value;
- Participate in FATs when needed;
- Liaise with key stakeholders (PACO, Real Estate, Telecom System Integrator (TSI), infrastructure suppliers…) to gather and assure telecom requirements for the project and operations;
- Manage the end-to-end execution of the Temporary and Permanent telecommunications scope including handover to Asset Operations;
Skills & Requirements:
- Previous experience as IT project manager, telecoms discipline / design engineer, infrastructure / telecoms lead in a Capital Project is highly desirable
- Technical Authority Field Telecommunications certification (TA2) is highly desirable (or industry equivalent)
- Previous exposure to Process Automation / Control / Optimization Engineering, Upstream / Downstream environment in project engineering, project services, or discipline engineering role is also highly desirable
- Past Asset Operations organization field experience is also desirable, including hands-on delivery experience.
- Knowledge of: Typical Upstream / Downstream IT infrastructure and telecom solutions
- Ability to work flex hours to accommodate various locations.
All qualified candidates will be contacted.