The purpose of the IT Project Manager – Asset Systems is to coordinate the deployment of various Asset IT applications (engineering, operations, etc).
- Contribute to safe, quality, and efficient operating environment during asset operations through delivery of effective and sustainable Information Technology solutions and services
- Optimize value delivery and business transformation to (Asset) through digitalization and enablement of staff and business productivity / efficiencies / collaboration; including as additional valued member of the team
- Lead and coordinate high performing integrated virtual team of IT professionals (PM's, BA's, delivery teams).
- Coordinate the deployment activities for Asset Systems IT and implement the IT projects in line with the scope, cost, and schedule targets
- Engage stakeholders at the highest level to ensure that expectations are managed and that the aims of the project continue to be aligned with the needs, execution strategies and plans as they evolve
- At all times ensure alignment between the IT project execution schedule and the Integrated Project Schedule
- Deliver the individual IT projects following the methodology of the Project Delivery Framework (PDF). Prepare, maintain and ensure sign-off of the mandatory documentation and undertake the necessary project assurance steps
- Coordinate and participate in the respective steering committees
- Manage a change control process in relation to the project / programme, gain agreement for revisions to the scope from project sponsors, and ensure projects continue to meet business objectives
- Support Venture IMIT Manager and IT Lead on integrated planning.
- Demonstrated IT project management experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably with operating asset solution deployments.
- Knowledge of Typical Upstream / Downstream asset applications and systems, required to deliver a Capital Project and operate an Asset
- Knowledge of Engineering & asset workflows and the role of engineering data management in a Capital Project
- IT Projects Delivery Framework (PDF, or industry equivalent
- Opportunity Realization Standard (ORS), Discipline Control Assurance Framework process, Project Standards and the Design Engineering Practices framework (desirable, or industry equivalent)
- Managing a series of projects as single program
- Managing business changes in the IT project execution
- Leadership and Interpersonal skills
- Good business interfacing and stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to lead and manage a project team and project dependencies towards conclusion
- A high degree of skill in written and oral communications
- Masters Certificate in Project Management an asset.
Work Location: Calgary, Kitmat
Work Schedule: Normal 40 hrs work week. Construction Site: 5/2 work week, 10hrs a day.