The IT Lead is a key position that offers a deep cross-business exposure that requires the incumbent to possess a blend of skills in IT and Engineering Project Execution, including project and programme management, project engineering, discipline engineering, Information Security, Field Telecommunications, Process Control, and other domains.
- Contribute to safe, quality, and efficient operating environment during project execution and asset operations through delivery of Information Technology solutions and services
- Optimize value delivery and business transformation (venture, Project, and Asset) through digitalization and enablement of staff and business productivity / efficiencies / collaboration
- Lead and coordinate high performing integrated virtual team of IT professionals (PM's, BA's, delivery teams)
- Provide technical assurance expertise and leadership to project IT deliverables, either directly or via extended team
- Provide overall monitoring and controlling support of integrated IMIT delivery plan on behalf of IMIT Manager.
- The IT Lead is required to demonstrate visible leadership as well as personal commitment to Health, Safety, Information Security, and the Environment
- Plan, assure, safeguard, and execute the Company IT Project scope leveraging: Project Delivery Framework (PDF), Management of change and change control process, ITIL best practices, and Shell and Market based standard solutions
- Assure the delivery by the EPC contractor IT Scope of Work and delivery, including oversight of Process Control Domain and Field Telecom deliverables
- Continually develop and execute the Project IT Plan, ensuring alignment with the overall Project Execution Plan and operations readiness handover plans
- Substantial experience in the oil and gas industry as IT project, programme, and/or change manager
- Previous experience of working in an Operations IT and/or in Capital Project IT environments will be a distinct advantage
- Broad scope of experience across both application and infrastructure delivery areas a distinct advantage
- Previous exposure to the Upstream / Downstream environment in a project engineering or discipline engineering role is desirable but not essential.
- Expert knowledge of the Information Technology domain, including deep understanding of the technology trends (both in Shell and in the broader industry context) and typical Upstream / Downstream applications, infrastructure solutions, and telecoms required to deliver a Capital Project
- Proven track record in delivering IT projects meeting cost, schedule and quality targets, and managing associated risks and issues
- Experienced in managing a series of projects as single program
- Sound knowledge of the Engineering and Maintenance workflows and the role of engineering data management in a Capital Project
- Sound understanding of the Opportunity Realization Standard (ORS), DCAF process, Project Standards and the DEP framework is highly desirable (or industry equivalent)
- Industry recognized project management certification (e.g. PMP, Prince2 or other) will be a distinct advantage
- Solid understanding of the typical contracting and procurement processes in a Capital Project and cost recovery issues in a Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) environment will be a distinct advantage
- Understanding of typical safety risks in a Capital Project environment is highly desirable
- IT TA2 Certifications is highly desirable (or industry equivalent).
- Excellent business interfacing and stakeholder management skills
- Able to interact on regular basis with stakeholders in both the IT discipline and the business disciplines
- Proven ability to lead and manage a geographically spread project team and project dependencies towards conclusion. Strong track record of virtual working and delivery through others
Work Location: Calgary, Kitmat
Work Schedule: Normal 40 hrs workweek. Construction Site: 5/2 workweek, 10hrs a day.