The primary purpose of this leadership and delivery position is to enable on the ground value associated to quality, effective, and efficient Information Management (IM) in achieving corporate and project performance and goals.This role delivers and oversees the capability to manage the volume and quality of information / deliverables – between contractor and company, within the company, between projects, and between the project and asset teams.
- Oversight and delivery of Data/Document Management and Control supporting Project execution, transition to asset, and the corporate Venture;
- Ensure the adherence to the client specifications and procedures as they pertain to the Company and Contractor(s) delivery;
- Enabling more value through continuous improvement via ongoing digitalization, automation, process simplification (including quality assurance, reporting, etc.), and increasing staff awareness and compliance (records management, information classification).
Skills and Requirements:
- Substantial experience as a Data and /or Document Management Lead in Capital Projects; previous experience in both Document & Data Management is preferred
- Experience working with Engineering Data Warehouse (EDW) systems
- Experience working with SmartPlant Foundation as a document and/or data management tool
- Working experience with Data, Document, and Correspondence tools (SPO/SPF, SharePoint, Procon, etc.)
- Breadth and depth of knowledge of cross-discipline engineering documents (requirements and use) and discipline approval processes within project teams
- Knowledge of Records Management principles and implementation methods
- Strong Computer skills with skill level experience in using Company standard document control and document management systems and using (at least some of) project reporting software such as PowerBI, Crystal, Business Objects, MS Access, and Excel is essential
- Good working knowledge of the Project Data Control and relevant processes, familiar with data-modeling methodology
- Sound understanding on the IM SoW and Information Specification, Design Engineering Practices Engineering Information Specification (EIS) and the related documents
- Knowledge of engineering applications in terms of data content, for example E-Spir, S3D, SPPID, SPEL, SPI is an asset.
- A university degree in Engineering, Science or Information Technology or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience working on a Major Capital project in an IM related roles