Location: Cameron, LA
Employee: Permanent/ Full Time
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a growing Midstream Operator, is seeking a Rotating Equipment Engineer for a permanent position to be based in Cameron, LA.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer reports to the Technical Services Manager, and is the technical steward for rotating equipment, heat exchangers, tanks, and mechanical systems and is accountable for supporting system maintenance and improving these systems including all associated documentation. The Rotating Equipment Engineer will provide leadership and discipline expertise to less experienced support staff, engineering design, maintenance, and production groups.
Understands all facets of LNG transportation, storage, and processing, including health, safety, maintenance, operations, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards. Must have in-depth knowledge of rotating equipment and mechanical systems, national codes, standards and regulations, and their implementation in operating facilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Serves as the mechanical systems administrator and provides daily rotating equipment and mechanical systems support to the plant to keep the plant systems operational. Responsible for tracking availability and determining the overall reliability of the equipment throughout the plant (pumps, compressors, blowers, submerged combustion vaporizers, gas turbine generators, diesel drivers, etc.).
- Uses sound engineering practices, plant standards, and specifications, ensuring that documentation for the mechanical systems are maintained properly. Lead the development of documentation standards including updates to the unit operating manuals. Participate in the Management of Change process. Develop and use computer-assisted engineering and design software to perform engineering tasks and develop documentation.
- Development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for all rotating equipment for increased efficiency and reduced downtime between scheduled Preventive Maintenance task and Planned Outages. These programs would include such items as Run Time Availability, Oil Analysis, Vibration Monitoring, Repeat Failures Analysis (Worst Actors), Run-hour graphs and Equipment Rotation schedules for example in the Predictive Maintenance Protocol.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and assist in planning and coordinating work for the Maintenance Department. Works with maintenance and operations on reliability issues when they occur; have vision and ability to create quality solutions for any problems.
- Serves as a plant expert on rotating equipment and mechanical system engineering issues (not limited to risk engineering, system integrity, and applicability to specifications, philosophies, and standards) and mentor the support groups (Mechanical Maintenance Supervision and Technicians). Understand and interpret codes, standards, and regulations that are equipment related.
- Develops proposals for plant improvements including design basis and preliminary estimates and budgets for capital projects. During development and construction, support the Project Manager as assigned to minimize overruns in project-related spending.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS)
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. A Professional Engineers License is highly desirable.
- Experience: At least five (5) years experience in an industrial environment in engineering or operations. Experience in the LNG liquefaction industry, refining or petrochemical industry experience is required. Experience in designing, documenting, implementing and testing operating and safety procedures is necessary. Possesses contract development and negotiating skills and is experienced in managing technical contracts from inception through execution.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries, and governmental agencies.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to engineer, operate and maintain the LNG receiving terminal.
- Possess the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with 1) management, 2) peers and 3) the various facility level workers (Plant Manager, Plant supervision, and Plant workers) who are all responsible for ensuring good operations.
- Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Accomplished public speaker, able to create and deliver industry-specific presentations.
- Computer savvy including Project Management, database, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a leading Operator who are driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.