Job DescriptionPosition – Terminal Manager
Location – Decatur, AL
Job Type – Full- time/ Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, a growing Midstream Operator, has a permanent opportunity for a Terminal Manager to be based in Decatur, Alabama.
Manage the daily operations and customer service functions of a bulk liquid storage and handling terminal. Coordinate with customers and internal functional groups including EH&S, Procurement, HR, Engineering, Commercial and Accounting. Perform all work in accordance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory
Direct and manage the workforce and facilities for the safe and efficient receipt, storage and transfer of materials at the marine terminal.
Actively participate in the process to develop terminal objectives. Monitor production, inventory, maintenance, purchasing, labor, sales, and EHS reporting.
Advise senior management of progress toward objectives and develop strategies for necessary adjustments.
Ensure terminal production objectives are achieved and consistent with EHS and quality standards/requirements and operating costs are consistent with budgetary constraints. Implement and maintain terminal level processes, procedures and standards in compliance with COMPANY safety and corporate policies.
Develop, instruct, and discipline the terminal workforce in compliance with COMPANY standards. Serve as facility representative related to commercial, expansion, and development efforts. Recognize and promote ideas that provide safer, more efficient and cost effective operation.
Effectively interface with customer representatives, regulators, COMPANY staff and others as required.
Other functions as trained and assigned.
- 5 – 7+ years related experience within terminals
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Industrial Science or other related field
- Applicable industry experience will be considered in lieu of bachelor's degree.
Experience and Specific knowledge:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A college degree is desired.
- Valid Driver’s License or ability to obtain is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain MTSA Security clearance is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in the terminal industry is required.
- A minimum of three years in a supervisory or higher capacity is required.
- Experience managing within an operating budget is required.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communications to a diverse workforce.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the products, modes of transport, and methods of handling dry bulk materials.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the regulatory requirements associated with the maritime industry. Ability to accept direction and work effectively & cooperatively with other people.
- Must have intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point).
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Must possess valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record that meets company standards.
- Ability to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card.
- Successful completion and passing of company pre-employment background check, drug screen and other related testing.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a leading Midstream Company who is driving forward increasingly specialised and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive competitive compensation package as well as a generous medical benefits, matching 401K, paid time off, and more.