Job DescriptionLab Technician / Assistant Scientist
Duration: Long-Term Contract
Start Date: June, 2018
Pay rate: $19/ hour.
The Delivery Group is the organization within the company’s Projects and Technology teams that provides a Biosciences Technology focus for RDS. The Group is defined as those areas of business in which applied biosciences are critical for delivery.
It encompasses existing business areas, including biofuels, to which applied biosciences will add value and create opportunities and new areas that will arise from the possession of such skills.
This area of research is unique within the oil industry.
- Support project leaders by formulating and executing experimental programs in support of the strategic program.
- Running laboratory equipment.
The work of the department is multi-faceted and includes:
- Culturing microorganisms, natural and GMO, in aerobic, micro aerobic and anaerobic systems
- Genetic modification of microorganisms
- Extracting and characterizing proteins/DNA
- Working with enzymes and biomass fermentation of microorganisms.
The assistant scientist will either have deep expertise within two of these facets or a broad breadth of understanding across the complete set.
Experience and Qualifications required
- A Bioscience degree or equivalent some laboratory experience a plus but not essential
- Knowledge of microbiological and biochemical techniques, specifically:
- Culturing microorganisms, natural and GMO, in aerobic, micro aerobic and anaerobic systems.
- Genetic modification of microorganisms.
- Extracting and characterizing proteins.
- Working with enzymes and biomass.
- Fermentation of microorganisms.