Job DescriptionProject Engineer - Contract - Aberdeen
Our client, a company that supplies water treatment technology to the global Oil & Gas market, is currently seeking to hire a Project Engineer on an initial contract basis. The role is based in Aberdeen, however, international travel will be required.
The Project Engineer supports the Regional Sales effort of new Capital Equipment projects- the regions being, Europe, Middle East, North Africa.
The incumbent is responsible for developing proposals from initial RFQ through to award and successful project management and delivery to client. As Project Engineer you will be responsible for all project matters with relation to the manufacture of the specific product. You will liaise with manufacturing companies, the design team and the client to ensure all work is undertaken with the highest standards and within the time frame
- Previous Project Engineering and project delivery experience.
- Comfortable in client facing role – experience of meeting with clients and vendors and being focal point for project engagement.
- Experience in Oil and Gas process systems (reading and interpreting P&IDs/PFDs/Datasheets etc)
- Experience with Process and Rotating Equipment: (Diaphragm, Centrifugal, Positive Displacement Pumps, Manual and Actuated Control Valves, Instrumentation, Controls, E&I).
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and fabrication drawings
- Self-starter whom can handle high workload
- Strong organization skills and capability to handle multiple and changing priorities
- Chemical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer or Fabrication Engineer background
- Autocad or design experience
- Engineering Qualification (min HNC)
- Previous experience in an engineering, fabrication or EPC environment
- Understanding of pricing & costing and equipment selection.
- Ability to read and interpret contracts, drawings, blueprints and specifications
- Knowledge of commercial or technical bidding or quoting.
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook & MS Project.
- Global awareness and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- At least 10 - 20 % domestic or international travel is required to support project presentations, bid clarification and project kick off meetings.
Must be fluent and have a strong command of written English
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review the Client’s Request for Quotation (RFQ).
- Perform equipment selections including drivers and auxiliary systems.
- Review and comment to the Customer’s Technical Specifications.
- Prepare Sub-Contract and Purchasing RFQs.
- Work closely with Engineering Group to understand current standards, as well as providing constructive feedback from Sales staff for product evolution
- Review and verify Vendor quotations.
- Coordinate the Cost Analysis and Prepare Pricing.
- Establish the Payment Milestones; ensure alignment of sub-supplier payment terms.
- Request input from the Capital Sales Director for the commercial risk assessment.
- Coordinate Proposal Bill of Materials & System Drawings.
- Coordinate the Project Schedule.
- Fully configure proposed solution(s)
- Assist the Project Engineering Manager in developing Technical and Commercial strategies for the successful business growth.
- Review Commercial Terms and Conditions.
- To assist the Projects Engineering Manager in the operational delivery of the project with specific responsibility for ensuring the project is being controlled tightly against the contracted budget and schedule.
- Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Act as primary technical coordination interface with client to ensure that the client’s expectations are satisfied.
- Ensure the project conforms to the client’s approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements
- Expediting – liaison with sub-vendors both domestic and international to ensure the timely compliance of orders to stringent quality and schedule requirements.
- Fabrication monitoring – Visits and liaison with fabrication sub-vendors to monitor progress of fabrication. Involves answering technical queries, receiving feedback on schedule, and ensuring the fabrication phases meet schedule and quality requirements.
- Reporting – maintain regular project status reporting to internal and external clients as required to maintain flow of information and ensure project schedule is met. This function will require formal documentation submission as well as regular client interfacing by teleconference and meetings
- Insure that the Technical and Commercial proposals in response to client inquiries meet Company’s standards on quality, completeness and timeliness.
- Coordinate and participate in client clarification meetings and discussions.
- Understand the client’s applications and processes.
- Understand the competition’s products & offerings.
- Support sales and marketing departments as and when required
- Good presentation skills to perform duties necessary for securing orders.
- Participate in internal kick-off meetings and client kick-off meetings (globally).
- Support the Business Development and Sales teams with project or product presentations
• Provision of competent resource for CAD packages such as AutoCad , Solidworks , Inventor as a back- up function to the design department is preferred but not essential