Job DescriptionWe are currently working with our client in the Greenwood Village area on an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Estimator within their office. This is a new position due to expanding growth where you will be supporting estimating of projects with a private utility organisation.
As a prominent member of the estimating team, you will be responsible for creating estimates through the understanding of work scopes and effectively communicating with various stakeholders.
- Evaluate Request for Proposal requirements and work with estimating team to prepare and submit required documents
- Compute costs by analyzing labor, material and time requirements
- Prepare subcontractor bid packages to be estimated from third party suppliers by gathering proposals, designs, specifications and related documents
- Participate in pre-bid meetings with clients and site walk-throughs with subcontractors
- Create and maintain an electronic database of project components including unit costs of electrical equipment, labor hours for installation and engineering. The database is to contain estimates from bids, as well as actual expenditures for delivered projects
- Interface with internal engineering staff and other third-party suppliers to specify scope of supply
- Leverage prior experience to generate price take-off quantities, materials and construction equipment
- Lead the solicitation, evaluation and procurement of subcontractors and materials for applicable scopes of work
- Review final bids for accuracy, ensure all items have been included
- Determine possible value engineering
- Develop scope and plans for pricing of conceptual or budgetary estimated
- Review contractor programs for compliance with contract documents
- Perform constructability reviews, analyze budgets and project costs
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Electrical Estimator, an emphasis on high voltage would be highly desirable
- Experience within utilities would also be highly desirable
- Familiar with take-offs and pricing work in union, self-perform, lump sum and competitive bid environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve technical issues, preparing reports, analysis of data and influencing suppliers to meet the service and technical needs of the project
Our client offers an excellent benefits package to the successful applicant which includes health, dental, life insurance, 401k, profit sharing, PTO and holidays.
No sponsorship will be offered and applicants should ensure they have the legal right to live and work in the US.