Such lawyer should provide legal advice in relation to the client and its operated ventures’ projects and on related contractual relationships with projects sponsors, EPC contractors, licensors, bidders and suppliers.
- Provide Legal advice on legal and contractual issues referred by the General Counsel or his/her supervisor.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts on behalf of the client and its operated ventures, and ensure that requisite corporate governance procedures are met with respect to contractual arrangements.
- Develop standard agreements and protocols for use by the wider Legal Department.
- Carry out such other duties as requested by his/her supervisors.
- Provide legal training to junior members of the Legal Department and to other departments within the organization.
- Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB)
- Must hold a current practicing certificate preferable in a Commonwealth Jurisdiction
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in oil and gas projects, preferably gained through working with multi-national companies and/or top tier international law firms.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication and drafting skills in the English language. Arabic not essential but would be beneficial.
- Strong negotiation skills, with good experience of negotiating commercial agreements.
- Able to work independently with minor supervision, with the ability to manage and prioritize workload.