NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client is currently seeking a Long Range Mechanical OPP Planner in the Calgary area. Candidates must be local or have accomodations in the area as no LOA will be provided.
To be responsible for the planning and scheduling of all Maintenance activities. Should have good understanding of safety, health, and environmental requirements (SHE), work selection criteria, work planning, norms estimating, procurement practices, business practices and controls, contractor interface awareness, development of job packs, etc. Skilled in scheduling work tasks to ensure efficient resource utilization, excellent coordination between operations (equipment readiness / permitting), material availability, construction equipment support, and labor crew (skills) composition and assignment.
- Reports directly to the Long Range Planning Supervisor
- Responsible for providing job plans, packages and scheduling support for mechanical job packages for equipment in Ore Preparation Plants
- Focus is customer support and alignment with Kearl business process and controls requirements.
- Engineering Degree is not required
- Point contact for all major CMMS administrative changes - strategies, equipment masters, PM revisions
- Responsible for development of new equipment masters, strategies, BOM’s, RPSL
- Point contract with execution, reliability, ops tech within scope of planning control including complex activities
- Manage special projects targeting maintenance planning & development
- Responsible for creating plans and task lists for all maintenance repair activities including:
- High complexity including 30 days greater LACD (component rebuilds, major modifications including ops tech engagement) - with collaboration with short range planners
- PM plans – higher complexity requiring significant technical and external input, as well as planning time
- Site specific orientation to be provided by Imperial.
- Grade 12 High School Education
- 10 years industry experience – Mechanical - Millwright, Pipefitter
- Superior working knowledge of SAP
- Technical certification as Red Seal Journey Person Millwright, Pipefitter or equivalent education
- Extensive experience working with Ore Preparation Plants, Hydro Transport, Crushers and Conveyor Belts
- Experience with mechanical equipment in Extraction Units, River Water Intake systems, Fine Thickened Tailings plants and Dredges considered an asset.
- Expert knowledge of Maintenance processes and oil sands maintenance programs.
- Familiarity with heavy industry planning, scheduling and execution concepts
- Thorough working knowledge of Maintenance and Reliability practices
- Continuous improvement skills and commitment to best practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills; communication and influencing
- Ability to work Monday to Friday schedule from Calgary, ability to travel to site approximately 2-5 days per month
- Occasional site coverage for short range planners onsite as required