Job DescriptionQC Laboratory Technicians
Lonza are well regarded specialists in the research, development and manufacture of agrichemical and timber treatment requirements for both the national and international markets. Lonza in Taranaki are heavily involved in the manufacture of herbicide and fungicide products and they are continuing to develop and adapt to market conditions and requirements and their top of the line research, formulation and manufacturing gives them a strong edge over their competition.
They are continuing to develop and adapt to market conditions and demands, with their top of the line research, formulation and manufacturing facility giving them a strong edge over the competition. The international reach of Lonza also provides further opportunities for your career growth.
In roles aligning with their growth strategy, Lonza NZ are now seeking two QC Laboratory Technicians, reporting to the QC Manager to expand the quality control function during an exciting expansion stage. Working within the QC Laboratory, supporting the manufacturing facility, you will be accountable for performing a range of laboratory functions including:
- Analysis of finished products and intermediates using instrumental methods such as GC and HPLC;
- Testing and clearance of raw materials for use;
- Preparation and standardisation of reagents and maintaining stocks of supplies and chemicals;
- Maintenance and calibration of laboratory instruments and equipment;
- Entering analysis results into the SAP batch management system and production of certificates of quality;
- Supporting the QC Manager with method validations, and plant/customer investigations;
The positions are based at our Bell Block manufacturing site and will be working 6.30am to 3pm on a 4 days on, 2 days off rotation.
As the QC Technicians have a critical part to play in the business it is preferred that you have a relevant tertiary qualification and a keen interest in quality control processes.
Applicants will also be required to undergo pre-employment medicals and drug and alcohol testing.
This is a fantastic long term career opportunity with stability and career progression and international candidates with the appropriate experience are welcomed.
To apply for the above positions please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter or phone Bruce on 021 247 7311 for a confidential chat and further information.