Job DescriptionOur client, a major Oil and Gas Operator, are currently looking for a Piping Engineer to join them on a 4 month contract with possibility of extension in Perth, WA.
The majority of the work will involve activities such as the specification, pre-award and post-award technical works associated with the procurement of piping valves and materials, as well as piping engineering analysis activities (e.g. such as piping stress) in order to support the development of detailed design construction/demolition deliverables for implementation .
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review PDMS models to validate proposed design changes.
- Be familiar with ASME/ANSI/AS codes and standards related to piping design and materials.
- Review MTO’s for materials associated with model updates.
- Checking and approving drawings from time to time.
- The ability to work within a small team (Piping Group) and minimum supervision.
- Minimum 10 years’ working experience with Oil & Gas industry required.
- 3 to 5 years minimum experience with LNG experience being highly regarded.
- Previous work experience with Oil &Gas construction/operations phase highly regarded.
- Previous demonstrable experience in PDMS Piping modelling is required.
- Working knowledge of Oil & Gas specifications.
- A demonstrable competency in Caesar II is preferred.