The Mechanical Engineer position shall be responsible for assuring operational integrity of mechanical static equipment, i.e. piping, pressure vessels, tanks, valves, pressure relief devices, heat exchangers, etc.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support and oversee mechanical static equipment engineering work scopes applicable to assigned area of responsibility
- Own, drive, and assure the development of work scopes and plans to assure integrity and continued operation of all mechanical static equipment.
- Provide direct specialist technical support in the operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical static equipment.
- Develop and implement practical and innovative solutions to support ongoing safe operation of the asset.
- Oversight and support of flange management, and leak sealing activities.
- Lead the implementation of design changes to rectify integrity and performance issues associated with mechanical static equipment.
- Form the technical specialist role and subject matter expert for mechanical static equipment.
- Develop and / or endorse procedures.
- Complete Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs).
- Provide troubleshooting and diagnostic expertise to mechanical static equipment.
- Define the scope of work, to identify and rectify mechanical static equipment deficiencies, and drive execution of these to completion.
- Complete startup readiness plans, such as Startup Procedures, Pre-startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs), as applicable to mechanical static equipment.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Engineering Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience providing technical engineering support of mechanical fixed equipment in a complex oil and gas operating environment, preferred.
- Strong experience with large mechanical fixed equipment – heat exchangers, pressure vessels, piping, bolted joints, relief valves, valves etc, is essential.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Familiarity with relevant Australian Standards is desirable. Practical working knowledge of relevant Western Australian codes and standards