I am currently recruiting a HSE Manager for a large manufacturing organisation based in Surrey. This role has multisite responsibility.
You will develop & lead all Environmental, Health & Safety functions. This will be to encourage staff to adhere to world class performance in the field of EHS. In addition to promoting a strong EHS culture, your will also be expected to help roll out risk management.
To ensure that the site and the activities that take place within it are always compliant with the latest Environmental, Health and Safety Regulations
- To provide expert EHS knowledge, guidance, coaching and training to all employees, including Senior Managers.
- Develop and establish an effective, competent and committed team of EHS reps across the sites.
- Work with team to ensure key personnel are kept up to the requisite level of training in EHS to be able to perform their roles effectively and compliantly.
- To maintain, review and upgrade the EHS system to ensure that is attains and maintains best in class status. Ensure that documentation is fit for purpose, organised and reviewed in a timely manner
- To provide visible and proactive EHS leadership on sites, proactively develop the behavioural attitude amongst employees, engage and mentor managers across the sites regarding key EHS outcomes and techniques to achieve those outcomes.
- In conjunction with the subject matter expert lead the performing of investigations into significant accidents and incidents on sites. Review all accident and incident reports prior to closure for completeness and appropriate corrective and preventative actions (CAPA) in place.
- Define and maintain leading and lagging metrics for the site. Use these metrics, in conjunction with the Site Leadership Team, to help the site aspire to world class EHS status
- In conjunction with the Site Director lead the site EHS committee and prepare the monthly EHS management reviews at the Site operations meeting
The successful candidate will be Nebosh Qualified and expected to have experience in a similar role. It would be highly beneficial if you also had a IOSH qualification.
This role is permanent and offers excellent career progression, strong salary and benefits package and the chance for a EHS Manager to gain multisite experience.