Job DescriptionResponsible for the technical review and approval of detailed engineering reports, calculation, removal procedures, manuals, method statements, and quality procedures/plans. You will be required to liaise with inter-disciplinary contractors, ranging from; heavy lift contractors, engineering, technical safety, and environmental, and marine warranty assurance services contractors on reviews, inspections, and approvals of project documentation.
You must be able to plan and organise your work, be self-motivated and a good communicator. More importantly, you must have a strong and in-depth technical expertise, and experience in lifting, and transport analyses, seafastening design, and towing analysis.
- Oversee structural decommissioning support contractors’ performance, scope, quality of service and value for money.
- Set design briefs, work scopes and reviews of detailed engineering (lifting analysis, global temporary in-place analysis, motion & transport analysis, seafastening design, towing, and anchoring analysis)
- Heavy Lift and Disposal Operations Management
- Participate in HIRAs and dismantling/marine operation kick-off meetings.
- Assist with marine warranty services scopes and operation, including; review of removal procedures, technical review notes (TRNs), vessels suitability surveys coordination, offshore operations supervision, etc.
This role is typically for an Engineer from a Structural Engineering, Naval Architecture, or Marine Engineering background with heavy lifting, and marine experience, expertise, and qualification; particularly from an Oil & Gas, Transport & Installation, or EPC company.
- The minimum requirement for this position is a Degree (BSc or BEng) in Civil/Structural/Mechanical/Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture, with at least 5 years’ experience working as a structural engineer in the Oil & Gas, renewables, transport and installation, heavy lift or marine engineering sector.
- Chartered Engineer status or working towards professional membership of an appropriate institute (IMarEST, RINA, ICE, and IStructE) would be advantageous.
- Ideally proven experience as a Structural Engineer dealing with structural integrity, and decommissioning of mature offshore fixed platforms together with a good understanding in the application of DNVGL-ST-N001, DNVGL-OS-C101, BS EN 1993, GL IV-6-4, 2007, and API (RP2A).