The Business Analyst's primary objective is to support the Operations capability by contributing to the development of value chain/process/workflows, roles and responsibilities matrix, performance metrics/scorecards, and rollout/implementation strategies. In addition, the Business Analyst will also support the business in presentation and training development.
As part of the delivery team, the individual will work closely with business leaders, project managers, subject matter experts, other contributors and stakeholders to deliver the Operations organization and processes
- Facilitate the development of workflows and create necessary documentation, including roles, responsibilities and resource requirements to enable workflows
- Facilitate workshops and participate in interviews to collect and document business requirements, functional specifications / business/data process workflow as-is /to-be state
- Assist business leads in the development of job descriptions and Key Job Responsibilities (KJRs)
- Establish performance metrics required to monitor the execution and effectiveness of workflows.
- Provide advice on key initiatives that enable the organization to deploy high-impact business processes that are focused, accountable and measurable
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for Decision Review Board and general socialization of plans within the business groups
- Gather and track workflow/process implementation status
- Schedule and coordinate workshops as requested by business leads
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated experience in business process reengineering and developing/documenting business processes and workflows
- Experience developing and establishing metrics associated with performance management
- Proven ability to facilitate diverse stakeholders and cross functional teams
- Demonstrated experience in developing presentations for management and for socialization to a wider audience
- Must have a methodical and well-organized approach to the work environment and have the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, including presenting skills.
- Self-motivated and able to influence and motivate others
- Experience working in a team environment, team player
- Ability to deal with short timeframes and handle multiple competing priorities
- Minimum 5 years business analysis experience in Upstream Oil and Gas industry
- Advanced skillsets in Microsoft suite specifically with Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint
- Experience in business process reengineering and developing/documenting business processes and workflows
- Bachelor's degree in business management, economics, finance, accounting or relevant field required.