Our client, a global professional services business who operate across the oil and gas, power, mining & resources industries are looking to expand their business due to urgent need from a partnered global mining operator based in WA.
Looking to recruit a Project Engineer – Tracklaying to work on a major new iron ore development project. The role will be an initial 12 month contract with likelihood of extension to the end of 2021 and will be Perth based initially until the requirement to mobilise to site.
- Preparation of Tracklaying tender scopes and evaluation of tenders
- Management of Tracklaying Contractor
- Management of Rail Train Tender and Contract Management
- Interface coordination at mainline tiein and Train Loadout
- Coordination of track materials and Client supplied LWR
- Schedule management to ensure access to follow on contractors
- Coordination of track commissioning support
- Coordinate client supplied locomotives
- Evaluation and recommendation of contractor variations
- A Tertiary qualification in Project Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Extensive experience managing large CAPEX Rail construction projects within the mining industry.
- Strong understanding of the mining and metals, construction industry and relevant legislation
- Effective time management, planning, interpersonal and communication skills
- A proactive approach to Health, safety and the Environment
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Able to develop close working relationships with customers and stakeholders