NES Global Talent are currently supporting a process facility in Merseyside who are looking for an experienced EC&I Project Engineer to join them on a 6 month contract. You will be working as part of the onsite engineering team to deliver various EC&I upgrade projects.
The ideal candidate with have experience of working as part of an onsite team on projects from design through engineering and into final installation on large industrial process sites such as chemical manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, water processing or petrochemical.
- Actively supports the promotion of, and engage in, Process and workplace SHE, especially the major accident hazards (COMAH) and Basis of Safety areas
- Provide Low Voltage (up to 415V) Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Engineering expertise to the Business Units to enable such to operate in a safe and efficient manner.
- To maintain existing and develop future Site C&I Standards / Codes of Practice
- Identify capital and revenue investment requirements in relation to the EC&I equipment and systems
- Produce detailed design packages to facilitate Installations of Instrument & Control Systems, ATEX, SIL & LOPA Installations, PLC, DCS and SCADA systems and Low Voltage Electrical Installations
- Provide EC&I Technical knowledge to Change Control, HAZOP, SIL & LOPA Assessment teams
- Provide problem solving support to Project, Operations and Maintenance Team as required.
- Deliver E/I Capex/Decom Projects in support of EP Site continuous improvement from concept through to commissioning and handover
- Degree or HNC
- 10 years’ experience working in a relevant process industry (ideally chemicals)
- 5 years’ experience working on CAPEX projects as part of onsite project engineering teams
- Familiar with the practical application of relevant Directives, Standards, Codes of practices and guidelines including industry legislation and industry best practice.
- Knowledge of ATEX regulations
- Knowledge of electrical and instrumentation equipment used in the process industry
This is a 6 month initial contract working in Merseyside. The budgets are in place and we are able to arrange interviews next week. Please contact me directly if you require more information before making an application.