Job DescriptionJob Title – Project Controls/ Cost Estimator
Location – The Woodlands, TX
Employee Type – Permanent/ Full - Time
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a growing Engineering & Construction Company, has a permanent opportunity for a Project Controls/ Cost Estimator outside of Houston in The Woodlands, TX.
Project Controls/ Cost Engineer will be joining a growing Proposals team. He/ She will be covering the execution of all activities involved in developing project estimates based on Client’s RFP, SOW and/or identified requirements and preparation of proposal documents for submittal to the Client. The Project Controls/ Cost Estimator will also be responsible for estimating and preparing change orders for projects in the execution stage. This position will also aid in the development of appropriate processes, tools and models.
- Develop and maintain project cost baselines as assigned
- Develop and maintain change management system including Change Orders, Budget Shifts, and Trends including contingency management. Actively pursue the trending program to include weekly change management meetings as required.
- Timely and accurate reporting at all levels including internal and external clients
- Timely and accurate forward looking analysis and mitigation plan development to reduce or eliminate unforeseen cost impacts
- Cost system administrator for assigned projects including access, ad hoc reports, executive level support, training of subordinates and PM team, etc
- Interface with accounting and procurement system as required in order to produce the most timely and accurate cost forecast possible
- 7+years’ experience in EPC O&G industry
- Gas processing, midstream EPC projects
- Multi discipline construction field experience highly preferred
- Experience estimating both large and small projects - $50k to $200MM and more
- Experience writing proposals and submitting cost estimates as part of proposals bid is required
- Commitments and expenditure tracking including labor, material, equipment, engineering, construction, indirects, etc.
- Cost system expert in development of the baseline, managing change, and all levels of reporting
- Advanced understanding of construction industry practices, processes, and standards and their impact on project activities
- Capable of working both independently and in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing Engineering & Construction Company who are driving forward increasingly specialised and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including 401K, PTO, medical benefits package, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.