Purchasing and Contracts Lead
|Job Title:||Purchasing and Contracts Lead|
|Location:||Port Arthur, United States|
|Contact Name:||Braquece Smith|
|Job Published:||June 07, 2018 16:38|
Contracts EPa, EPC types execution management from tendering period offer, analysis, award, and then up to the project completion. Participate to the Contractor evaluation prior start of tendering.
The PCL ensures the correct application of the contractual and commercial aspects of all engineering and construction contracts within the assignment and with ensuring that all engineering and construction contractors carry out their obligations in accordance with the terms and conditions of their contract.
He maintains high level of awareness of Project contractual risks and exposure to claims or elevated costs, with continued proactive early identification of risks and trends, and minimization of cost growth.
The Project Contract Leader (PCL) works in full compliance with Total Directive; Key purchasing Rules in Refining & Chemicals.
The incumbent main function will be to proceed with the participation in the preparation of the contracts, through the negotiation, award and management of the execution during the EPa & EPC contracts execution and specifically:
1. Liaises with overall project procedures and will Develops, or used specific Project procedure for what concerns SP4 Contract Management when PAR (CPG) are not applicable.
2. Participates in the definition of Project in the establishment of list of recommended Bidders for the Construction Contracts pertaining to the interconnecting package (EPa under GEC management).
3. Prepares contract Enquiry Documents with support from Project Management Team to ensure that the complete enquiry package is a viable commercial document which reflect as far as practicable the true nature and extent of the Scope of Works.
4. Liaises with PAR Contract Category Manager when it’s needed.
5. Carries out tender evaluation, including tender clarification meetings, and preparation of reports and bid tabs covering all aspects of the enquiry. Recommends a contractor for contract award.
6. Negotiates with potential contractors to resolve any exceptions or qualifications to the contract documents prior to contract award.
7. Prepare all relevant supporting documentation and rationales allowing the Contract Committee to review and approve the Project recommendation to award.
8. Prepares contracts for the Works after formal approval of the bid tab by PAR Contract Committee.
9. Ensures that the commercial and contractual aspects of the contracts are maintained at all times, that the Project Package Managers are fully aware of the contractors’ scope, responsibilities, commitments and risks allocation.
10. During construction supervises and directs site based Quantity Surveyors or Contracts Engineers assigned to the project.
11. Attends commercial meetings with contractors and reviews the notes of progress meetings.
12. Maintains records of the status of contracts such as correspondence, notes of meetings, cost reports, progress valuations, claims, additional work and information affecting or likely to affect the value and duration of the contracts.
13. Reviews Monthly report prepared by Contractor.
14. Reports to the Project Manager without delay on all possibilities of claims, carries out preliminary investigation into claims, and assists in the preparation of back-up documentation for negotiating the settlement.
15. Ensures that routine procedures are carried out in connection with contractors’ man-hours valuations, payment certificates, invoices, measurement, additional work and aspects affecting Contract Prices.
16. Reviews the contractual and cost implications before allowing Contractor to undertake additional work.
17. Carries out special cost exercises and applies the Project procedures for changes and Change Orders.
18. Assesses back-charges promptly and accurately and ensures that they are included in the payment arrangements.
19. Records at the time for future reference any known delays incurred by Contractor.
20. Actively participate in the project risk management process.
21. Liaises with all Project Package Managers to get an accurate picture of the project status and to anticipate any potential risks to the project.
22. In addition of his Contract duties, he will manage the materials products to be purchased as necessary in SP4 subproject. From Purchasing
Plan, Schedule Milestones, Bid for Inquiry, Order and routing follow up of the progress for payment.
Context and environment
The incumbent is part of the SP4 Project Management Team in charge of executing the Subproject 4 of the US Ethane Cracker Project.
- During the EPa & EPC bidding period, he will handle the negotiation and formalization of the contracts based on the contract agreement developed by Total US and reflecting the scope of work at the time of the project awareness.
- During the EPC phase of the project he will manage the good execution of the Contract by the engineering contractor.
The incumbent is accountable for.
- Commit and follow SP4 approved contractual strategy.
- Effectively implementing the Contract terms & conditions - Performance indicators will be developed.
- Preserving Company interests with regards to Contractor change orders and claims.
- Managing contractual risks
- Ensuring regular reporting to the Project Control at the subproject level and adversatively with the Project Control of the overall Ethane
- Report in the weekly report of activity.
Qualifications / Experience required
The incumbent has at least 8 - 10 years oil industry experience in EPC Contract Management on large projects, preferably US / Golden triangle area based. Knowledge of the local content is a must.
This position requires excellent inter-personal and communications and writing skills, an understanding of planning and scheduling in major projects, together with commercial aptitude and a good general knowledge of the full range of project activities.
- Ability to recognize team strengths and weaknesses and to effectively utilize team members to complement and support each other
- Ability to control project issues while avoiding power confrontation. Thinking in opportunity instead of barriers.
- Ability to develop collaborative and productive approach with Contractor
- The incumbent requires demonstrable experience in contract interpretation, the recognition of potential claims and the requirements for counter claims and claim defense. The incumbent is able to develop a negotiation plan and lead negotiations or provide direct support to the lead negotiator in the settlement of claims and changes.
- Ability to cope in a positive and productive manner within a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to liaise effectively at all organizational levels and to represent the Project on contract related matters.
- Contractually literate with the ability to interpret the commercial implications of terms and conditions and provisions included in the contract.
- Good oral communication abilities.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Lead Contracts Specialist - Pre Feed
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
USD12000 - USD13000 per month, Benefits: Family package
Senior Contracts Engineer
Senior Contracts Engineer
€0 - €500 per day, Benefits: Negotiable
Houston, United States
USD50 - USD60 per hour
Turnaround Execution Lead
Cameron, United States
USD130000 per annum