Job DescriptionA Direct Hire Job Opportunity has just been made available for an experienced Cost Estimator to be based in Qatar by a leading oil and gas company.
The Cost Estimator develop and maintain accurate cost estimates ranging from high level concept and order of magnitude estimates, through to detailed bid check estimate to support the Management of Change Process in selecting viable projects and to support the budget management process.
To qualify, candidate must possess the following qualification and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in project controls activities, including at least 3 years in estimating and 3 years in Petrochemical or Industrial projects.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Estimating software and norms.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at different organisational levels.
- Requires strong analytical, organisational and planning skills.
- Experience of risk based and probabilistic cost estimation techniques.
- Knowledge of stage gate project delivery process and the ability to deliver structured cost estimates appropriate to each phase, Brownfield and Greenfield onshore and offshore projects.
- Ability to deliver benchmarking exercises utilising internal and industry wide data.
Interested? Apply now and take advantage of this job opportunity!