Our client, a global professional services business who operate across the oil and gas, power, mining & resources industries are looking to expand their business due to urgent need from a partnered global mining operator based in WA.
Looking to recruit a Risk & Functional Safety Engineer to work on a major new iron ore development project. The role will be a part-time role (ideally 2-3 days a week) which will be required up until early December 2018. There may be a requirement for extension however.
Minimum experience as a Senior Consultant level, with demonstrable mining / SIF / Workshop risk management.
Prepare for, facilitate and document the following formal reviews:
- Project Risk Workshops (non-technical)
- HAZIDs for plant, NPI, rail and mine areas/facilities
- Detailed HAZOPs for plant, NPI, rail and mine areas/facilities
- preparation of project Functional Safety Management Plan
- preparation of Machinery Safety Reports
- conduct LOPA analysis
- SIL identification and verification
- Management of, and review of documents created by, suppliers on matters related to Functional Safety
- Perform Stage 1 & Stage 2 Functional Safety Assessments
- Attend Supplier HAZOPs
Note: on this project, Fire Detection & Protection work is done by a separate consultant.
- A Tertiary qualification in Risk & Functional Safety or equivalent qualification
- Extensive experience within the mining industry.
- Strong understanding of the mining and metals, construction industry and relevant legislation
- A proactive approach to Health, safety and the Environment
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven leadership skills