Job DescriptionFacilities Technical Assistant
Purpose of the Role
To provide day to day support for the Facilities Department: Maintenance and the Health, Safety & Environment functions. Indicative tasks are set out below, these may vary from time to time according to work load and departmental / business needs.
Although infrequent, this role will require some emergency call out cover and out of hours contractor support.
Site core hours are 07:00 hrs to 19:00 hrs; the role is for a basic 37.5 hrs per week with the expectation that the FTA would normally be on site from 07:30 to 16:00 hrs with an allowance of 1-hour for lunch.
Role and Responsibilities:
This is a critical Facilities role, the FTA will act as the ‘eyes & ears’ of the Facilities team, spotting and highlighting problems before they become an issue and pro-actively raising and completing work orders.
- Provide basic building repair and maintenance including:
- Painting & decorating
- Plumbing / mechanical support
- Planned maintenance checks of plant and equipment
- Day to day management of work order system (MOPs)
- With suitable training; support the site needs for forklift operations and mobile tower/scaffold erection and certification.
- General portering;
- Parcel deliveries & distribution,
- Meeting rooms & events set up
- Furniture & office moves and basic furniture assembly
- Preparation of Hazardous and WEEE waste collection, including documentation and transfer notes.
- Oversee and keep tidy service compound and waste storage areas
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly maintenance checks
- Provide reception lunch cover as required
- Day to day management of contractors in line with HSE policies and procedures
- Responsible for specified small works on site including: Planning, quoting, obtaining POs and working to budget and timetable (<£2K)
HSE / Compliance
- Comply with and lead by example on company and site health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Day to day management of contractors in line with policy and guidelines
- Act as an “Authorised Person” for ‘permit to work’ and Lock Out Tag Out controls.
- Maintain all training and HSE reporting requirements in line with personal objectives
- Must be physically fit and able to perform manual handling tasks for all aspects of furniture and equipment moves using suitable aides.
- A minimum of 3-years of experience in a technical trade or trade support role, the successful applicant will have excellent practical (trade) skills to at least an advanced DIY level.
- The role requires a high degree of independent action, must be self-motivated and must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluent and Literate in (UK) English.
- PC literate; basic working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Able to demonstrate sound judgement
- Able to analyse workload to develop personal goals, plan and organise their own work. Develop priorities based on business need.
- Able to objectively monitor and assess themselves, others and the Facilities department for opportunities to improve performance.
- Strong ethics in dealings with all customers; internal as well as suppliers and contractors
- Pro-active personal commitment in establishing and maintaining the high standards required of the working environment on site
- Able to develop and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation between team members (internal and contracted) based on ethical behaviours, personal accountability, honesty and integrity.
- Promote open and honest communications internally and at all levels.